After a long period of time under lockdown, countries are beginning to open borders and welcome tourists. At the time of writing, President of Spain Pedro Sánchez, has planned to reopen Spain from July onwards. As much as this is a step towards a ‘new normality’, there is still a need to be aware of what parts of your trip to Barcelona are subject to changes to ensure you have a super, but safe, time in the Catalan Capital.
If you are planning to travel to Barcelona in the near future and you are looking for accommodation in the city, to book an apartment in Barcelona you will be able to enjoy in the best privacy and comfort. In addition to this, discover the safety and prevention measures of AB Apartment Barcelona, to give you the peace of mind to travel back to Barcelona again.
Cleaning and hygiene measures in our apartments
We always have our customers at the heart of everything we do. The first thing we have had to do is to ensure that it is as safe as possible in our apartments for all visiting guests. You can find, in detail, our intense cleaning measures, as well as hygiene measures among our staff.
- After every departure, we completely clean and disinfect each apartment with LACTIC disinfectant products, as recommended by the Ministry of Health against COVID-19.
- Our cleaning and maintenance personnel wear a mask, gloves and personal protection equipment whilst working.
- Our maintenance or cleaning will not enter your apartment in any case while you are inside, if not necessary.
- We collect all “unclean” bedding and other textiles, put them in a bag and store it securely until it has been disinfected in the laundry.
- We wash all the textile material in the apartment, including bed sheets and towels at over 60°C.
- All the bathrooms in the apartments have a bin in the bathroom with a lid, double-bag and non-manual opening.
- We have reduced the decoration objects and amenities to act according to the established contingency plan.
- We shall clean the filters of the air conditioners and the dryer after each departure.
- Our customers have hand disinfectant available to them at the entrance to the apartment in all GI referenced tourist apartments.
- We have created a protocol plan for all tourist buildings, so that the recommended preventive measures of distance and hygiene are followed.
- The apartments with customers who have contracted COVID-19 follow stricter processes and we have teamed up with a company that specialises in disinfectant treatments to guarantee the safety of our customers and workers.
Also, we have applied these cleaning measures in our offices and our employees follow the hygiene protocols and preventive measures established by the World Health Organization.
Rules and recommendations to follow during your stay
In addition to the measures above, we have introduced some rules and recommendations for you to follow when staying with us, so that you can be sure you and your other guests are safe. The following guidelines come from the Spanish Ministry of Health and the World Health Organisation:
- Always keep a safe distance of 2 metres between people.
- It is compulsory to wear a mask in Barcelona. You will have to wear one in public and enclosed spaces, so long as you cannot ensure the minimum safe distance.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, with a flexed elbow or single use tissue.
- Wash your hands frequently with water and hand soap for at least 20 seconds. If it is not possible to do so, then use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid the use of lifts. Otherwise, only one person and their luggage will be allowed to go one-way. Avoid touching doorknobs, intercoms or railings.
- The use of communal areas such as pools and terraces will be restricted.
- Avoid having contact with people that are ill.
- If you start having symptoms like a fever, cough or breathing problems, stay in the apartment and call 061.
Zero Contact: Online check-in and self check-in
The integrated system we have had in place at AB Apartment Barcelona, has prepared us well for this unforeseen situation. As you can use your mobile device for online check-in, your time in our office will be very streamlined. In addition to this, for most of our GI referenced apartments allow you to self check-in, using electronic keys on your mobile phone, meaning you will not have to come to the office or have no contact with our staff unless absolutely essential.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
It goes without saying that everyone planned in the future is now subject to changes. However, you will be happy to know that for short term rentals, from 0-31 days, you will be able to cancel your booking for free up to 7 days before arrival and receive a refund in full. However, if you cancel after this time, you will not be refunded, however you may use the prepayment amount for another time if you rebook within a year from your original date.
N.B. for bookings of more than 32 days or bookings of apartments with CR reference, please refer to our cancellation policy page.
For more information, see the information regarding COVID-19 of AB Apartment Barcelona in full.
Start planning your next trip: Book an apartment in Barcelona
Visit our website and have a look at the apartments in Barcelona that we have available. Whether you are coming with family, alone, as a couple or with friends, you will be able to choose from central apartments, in quieter neighbourhoods, nearby the beach, with a private terrace or with a balcony. All of our apartments are fully equipped and offer their own kitchen; you will have everything you need at your disposal to enjoy a safe stay in Barcelona with total ease.
If you need to contact us for clarification on bookings, or to help to find your perfect apartment in Barcelona with AB Apartment Barcelona, then do not hesitate to visit our contact page, where our multi-lingual customer service team will be happy to help. We hope to welcome you to Barcelona very soon!